Hi, my name is Yuri Shikanov and I'am a software developer.
I'm working at WB-Tech from May 2011. My current position is Team Lead.
Few technologies I worked with:
- Python / C / Erlang / Rust
- Django / Flask / Celery / Django REST Framework
- Node.JS / CoffeeScript / Express
- Socket.io / Faye / Crossbar.io
- SQL / Postgresql / MySQL
- Sphinx / ElasticSearch
- TDD / BDD / Mocha / Selenium
- Memcached / Redis / MongoDB
- Linux / Debian / Ubuntu / Nginx / Git / Vagrant
Open Source projects:
- ngx_http_avatars_gen_module - generating avatars on-the-fly with Nginx.
- hastable - async hash table server in C.
- django-admin-env-notice - package for visually distinguish environments in Django Admin
- django-eraserhead - provide hints to optimize database usage by deferring unused fields (and more)
- django-migrations-graph - django-admin command to display migrations with dependencies.
- do-latency - Digital Ocean regions latency checker.
- planner - python package for drawing 2d plans of a buildings.
Some own projects made in WB-Tech:
- DebugMail - easy to use testing mail (SMTP) server for developers.
- Coment.me - comment, sign or draw anything right over the page, share the result with your colleagues.
Last books I read
- "Scrum: a Breathtakingly Brief and Agile Introduction" Chris Sims, Hillary Louise Johnson
- "Undergraduate Probability" Richard F. Bass
- "Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code" Martin Fowler
- "The Rust Programming Language"
- "No bullshit guide to linear algebra" Ivan Savov
- "Make Your Own Neural Network" Tariq Rashid
- "No bullshit guide to math and physics" Ivan Savov
- "Mathematics: A Very Short Introduction" Timothy Gowers
- "Extreme Programming Explained" Kent Beck
- "Mastering Python Design Patterns" Sakis Kasampalis
- "Mastering Linux Shell Scripting" Andrew Mallett
- "Continuous Delivery and DevOps" Paul Swartout
- "Domain-Driven Design. Tackling Complexity in the Heart of Software" Eric Evans
- "Practical Vim: Edit Text at the Speed of Thought" Drew Neil
- "Continuous Integration: Improving Software Quality and Reducing Risk" Paul M. Duvall, Steve Matyas, Andrew Glover
- "Test-driven Development by Example" Kent Beck
- "Building Microservices" Sam Newman
- "Learn You Some Erlang for Great Good!" Fred Hebert
- "Code Complete" Steve McConnell
- "Introduction To Algorithms" Thomas H. Cormen
- "Linux System Programming" Robert M. Love
- "PostgreSQL: Up and Running" Regina Obe, Leo Hsu
- "Beginning C" Horton, Ivor
- "Using C on the UNIX System" Dave Curry
- "APIs: A Strategy Guide" Dan Woods, Daniel Jacobson, Greg Brail
- "Modern C" Jens Gustedt
- "RESTful Web Services Cookbook" Subbu Allamaraju
- "Nginx Module Extension" Usama Dar